Mons 2015 - expectations of a ECoC

Less than 24 hours to get immersed in the atmosphere of a ECoC, to get reminded a challenging work moments, to catch up with an old colleague that has become a friend after so many extremely difficult situations.


It's a pity that we couldn't make it to be the three of us, the Dream Team as we were 2 years ago, releasing all our creativity for the ECoC candidature.

And so many memories come to my head, that I can hardly think of my expectations of Mons2015.

I remember the stories of my ex-colleague after visiting the city during its preparation years and talking to the team. Mons was an industrial city that needed to invent itself a bright future. After hosting successfully some tech-companies in the area, it was the turn of the cultural and creative industries.

Despite the probable effort by political figures in achieving the title, I am sure that Mons 2015 Team is not thinking only of offering a gorgeous year, but also of a the next step of the change of route towards a new type of economy.

And as I am more interested in the long-term projects, perhaps I will miss unconsciously some of the short projects, that might appeal to a short but very intense emotion, that might change one's mind about a topic and inspire us immensely. I really expect that my eyes, mind and heart will be wide open to receive this positive energy, energy for a change that rules in Mons.

Nevertheless, the longer projects, those done for the people of Mons, that aim an attractive future for artistic collectives, will stay hidden for the tourists' eyes. But, as I am expecting to meet some familiar faces of ConstructLab and their project, that is clearly focused to the reactivation of a particular place, for sure I will discover some of the most difficult artistic projects.

My sincere expectation is that the inhabitants of Mons enjoy these specific projects, made precisely for them, and see their current or prospective involvement in them.

Looking forward to a great ECoC experience in Mons 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment